Live Online Programme
Being able to shape and implement effective influencing strategies will help you to get where you want to be, more quickly and successfully. It’s an essential part of your business skillset.
Whether you want to get the funding or resources you need for an innovation or entrepreneurial growth, or change the way things at work are done, there are usually some key people who can make our break your plans. These people might be inside or outside the business, for example bosses, shareholders, colleagues, employees, investors, key customer or suppliers, amongst others.
Our Influencing Skills programme is for you if you want to learn how to develop your influencing and persuasion effectiveness, whilst continuing to work ethically and with integrity at all times.
Influencing is a necessary skill for innovation and growth. But all too often people don’t get what they want or need simply due to their failure to communicate effectively. They do not put themselves in the shoes of those key individuals whose support they really need. The consequence is that, by not taking time to understand the perspective of others, they don’t explain themselves in way that other people can really get and understand what’s in it for them.
Our Influencing Skills programme for between 8 and 25 people is a 1-day course that you can commission for your business. It takes you through a step-by-step process that you can use to make sure that you optimise your chances of success.
Pre-work includes completing an Influencing Style Preference Questionnaire to identify your preferred approaches and highlight potential development areas.
You will learn:
- How to develop influence and persuasion through emotional intelligence
- Your own influencing style preferences, and how to expand your range to develop your effectiveness
- The role of trust – and the key requirements for trust to be present
- Stakeholder interest mapping and empathy tools and techniques
- How to influence upwards, and without formal ‘authority’
- The difference between influencing individuals and influencing groups
- How to challenge and be challenged effectively
- Cialdini’s Universal Principles of Influence
- How to become a more confident, authentic and positively impactful influencer